Mod:Dead Island Mods
From Dead Island Wiki
|Modifying PC Dead Island|
|Dead Island Mods Forum|
- For modifying weapons, see Weapon Mods.
Dead Island Mods, short for modifications, and also called "trainers" or "cheats" is software for the PC version of Dead Island which adds extra features to Dead Island.
The primary source of editable game files are the .pak files located in the dead island\DI directory. These can be opened with the archiver of choice, such as WinRAR.
- Data0.pak - The majority of the game resources are in here. But always check Data2.pak first.
- Data1.pak - Map and some loot related files
- Data2.pak - Newer versions of some Data0 resources. Always use these instead of Data0 versions if available.
Exporting models and exploring the game
- Any other modders waiting for a game assets exporter/importer?, Steam Forum, Jano Ris, (September 26, 2011). Several links.
- Dead Island .rpack files, hhrhhr, (September 19, 2011).
- calling all modders let's mod dead island incl fix fov/blur/bloom/mouse/fps/+ more, Steam Users' Forums, (September 7, 2011).
- Beginner's guide to modding Dead Island
- Agent Ransack helps find a piece of variable or a snippet great for variable hunt.