Dead Island 2
From Dead Island Wiki
In late October 2011, Techland, the creators of Dead Island, filed a U.S. trademark for "Dead World." Techland has not commented on the trademark filing yet. In response to the trademark news, one journalist wrote, "The soonest I'd expect to see any kind of official confirmation about a Dead Island sequel would be E3 2012." On May 18, 2012, Techland's International Brand Manager, Blazej Krakowiak explained to Eurogamer, "We didn't confirm or deny anything. We can't stop anyone from jumping to conclusions, but we won't comment on rumors. Let's set the record straight. The only thing that happened was that Techland registered Dead World as a trade mark. Let me point out that it's hardly the only trade mark we own. While Dead Island is Techland's most successful title, it's not a game changer for us. It's simply another proof that our philosophy of combining proven ideas with innovation and a fresh approach pays off."
On May 18, 2012, Deep Silver's Development Director, Guido Eickmeyer, stated "We are neither working with [Line developer] Yager on Dead Island 2 nor do we have any contractual agreement with Yager about any project at this point. We have neither something in place or in discussion between the parties that would explain such a news, nor do we have Dead Island 2 in concept or production with external partners. "There is a legitimate chance that we will – at some point – work [with Yager] on a title - and I would not even exclude the possibility that this could be something within the Dead Island franchise."
On January 30, 2013, Dead Island 2's existence was hinted at, suggesting that an announcement would be made later this year as Play Station 4 and xBox One announcements are made.
While not much is known about the sequel, the gaming community has stated what it desires to see in the next title of the franchise, including:
- ‘Fallout-like’ map: one large map that could be traveled around without having to go through tunnels.
- Moral and impactful decisions made by the player that will affect the game world in negative or positive ways depending on what the proceeding consequence would entail for the player's actions.
- Competitive multiplayer, similar to Left 4 Dead, players will have the chance to attack each other as both survivors and walking corpses.
- The game should work. 
It has also been rumoured that it may be an Massively multiplayer online game (MMO) or similar to the original title a RPG-based first-person shooter, although those rumors are largely unfounded.
 See also
- ↑ Matt Liebl, Dead Island Sequel In the Works? (November 02, 2011).
- ↑ Spencer, Is Dead World The Sequel To Dead Island? (November 02, 2011).
- ↑ Dead World Trademark Hints at Dead Island Sequel, The HD Room, (November 03, 2011).
- ↑ a b Richard Walker, [tp://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11744-Dead-Island-Sequel-is-Not-in-Production--Says-Deep-Silver.html Dead Island Sequel is Not in Production, Says Deep Silver]. IGN, (Friday, May 18, 2012).
- ↑ http://www.examiner. com/article/dead-island-2-for-ps4-and-xbox-720-hinted-by-dead-island-riptide-publisher
- ↑ Drew 'Viggo' Bergmark, Dead Island Devs Trademark ‘Dead World’ & What We Want From the Sequel, Would You Kindly, (November 8, 2011).
- ↑ Daemon Hatfield and Greg Miller, What We Want from Dead Island 2 (If It’s Real), IGN, (November 8, 2011). Video.
- ↑ Dead Island Sequel May Be Called Dead World New trademark hints at sequel title, IGN, (November 3, 2011).