From Dead Island Wiki
|Location(s)|| Throughout Mingende Jungle|
Camp with Pride Rifle Mod blueprint
|Race||Australian & Caucasian|
|Dead Island Enemies|
They have ambushed a survivor as he was driving and are attempting to kill him so they can steal what he has.
Found infrequently in the jungles of Banoi, these individuals have been people long before the zombies ever started appearing. Their favored tactic is to ambush passerby and they take no prisoners. Hiding in the jungle foliage, behind wrecked vehicles or even on rooftops of ramshackle buildings these devious humans attack anyone or anything that enters their area.
The muggers have began looting the Oceanic Flight 1012 crash site but are all killed by the hero as he/she investigates the wreckage for survivors.
Jungle muggers are hardened criminals and have been preying on vulnerable travellers and villagers in the Banoi jungles long before the mysterious infection started to spread - and they know their trade well. Very similiar to Punks, jungle muggers fight in a very similiar way - mostly using firearms. Unlike punks, though, they have far better weaponry and although some of them use pistols the majority of them will attack the hero with rifles.
Jungle muggers also differ from punks in the way they like to ambush the hero - using their experience in blind-siding travellers, they will usually try and catch you in a crossfire and riddle you with bullets from their fast-firing rifles.
The strategy for dealing with jungle muggers is similiar to the one took with punks - keep to cover and aim for their heads. They will try and catch the player in the open, so get to cover as soon as possible or there is a high chance that the hero won't last long under their concentrated fire. A more cautious approach should be taken when dealing with jungle muggers than that took with their city counterparts - their weaponry is deadlier and they are better-trained fighters.
- Jungle muggers will drop any weapons they carry when you killed, which can be pick up from the floor; there may also be bullets from the weapons they were using. They may also have money on their corpses.
- Jungle muggers are only be found in the jungle.
- There are several camps with muggers, two with three tents and one with four tents. One of the three tent camps in the mountain pass, has the Pride Rifle Mod. Refer to see also below.
- ↑ Dead Island Official Strategy Guide, page 43
 See also
Jungle Mugger locations:
- Bandits Shooting Survivor
- Bandits Shooting Survivor 2
- Big Bandits Camp
- Cave Bandits Camp
- Fuel Bandits
- Kanion Bandits Camp