From Dead Island Wiki
|Location(s)|| Never randomly found on dead bodies or in containers|
Jungle River Village outside of Matutero's Hut
|Dead Island Weapons|
It is a quest item required to complete the Six Feet Under quest. In Moresby's Saint Christopher's Church Owain asks the heroes to find a spade or shovel so that he can bury the dead. Shovels are always found at the resort and Moresby gas stations, but Owain will only accept a spade. Owain will NOT accept a rusty spade.
Spades are only found in two maps, in the jungle and in the resort.
|Jungle||Overpass Camp Chris and Paul's Hut||Next to the stairs of Chris and Paul's Overpass Camp hut. Inside the fortified courtyard is a set of stairs that lead up to Chris on the porch. The hero can travel here with the Fast Travel Map.|
|Jungle||River Village Matutero's Hut||Two spades: on both sides of the entrance to Matutero's hut.|
|Resort||Old Marina Workshop||At the entrance gate to the workshop, on the left side leaning against a blue barrel, center next to a Gas Canister. See video below|
|Resort||Surf Shop||On the north side of the surf shop. See video below|
- The only difference between a spade and a shovel is the scooping tip. The very bottom edge on a spade is completely flat. Shovels are used for digging deep into the earth, while spades, with their flat tips, are used for moving dirt and other materials from one place to another. Spades are also used for evening the depth of a garden bed by leveling the soil.
Close up in front to Matutero's hut
- ↑ According to youtube and steam forum comments.
Dead Island Spade Location (Six Feet Under Moresby Quest), youtube.
Still Looking for a Spade?, Steam, (September 17, 2011).
- ↑ a b Tim Bogenn, Michael Owen, and Kenny Sims Dead Island Official Strategy Guide, Brady Games, 2011.
- ↑ Examining .exp files. See Mod:Adding new items.
- ↑ Dead island six feet under, Youtube.
- ↑ Brenda Priddy, What is the Difference Between a Spade and a Shovel?, eHow.