From Dead Island Wiki
In Dead Island, the hero will have access to many different vehicles to help getting around the island instead of just on foot. Plenty of cars and trucks are available for use, given they aren't destroyed or burned out from accidents.
Helicopters are used by other survivors but are unavailable to the hero.
Any car or truck that is not too damaged or disabled can be driven. Survivors can be transported to safe areas and all four heroes can pile into a vehicle to move quicker and safer. An automobile will only last so long before it breaks down from constant zombie bashing. The windshield also may shatter, forcing the driver to smash it out in order to see again. The following are the different types of automobiles available to be driven. Throughout the resort, Moresby, and jungle are numerous cars, station wagons, pick-up trucks, delivery trucks, ambulances, police cars, city buses, and tour buses that cannot be driven, as almost, if not all, encountered are either in ruins, burned out, or wrecked in an accident.
|Trucks (SUV)||4 seat capacity||Moderately vulnerable||Good for transporting goods||Fast||Trucks are sport utility vehicles (SUV), a vehicle built on a light-truck chassis, typically equipped with four-wheel drive for off-road ability. Trucks can be found all around the Banoi Island. A red truck spawns at the Lifeguard Tower once the quest Lazarus Rising is completed.|
|Armored Truck||6 seats||Can take massive amounts of damage||Unbreakable windshields||Slow||This huge armored truck was used for carrying cash to different banks in Banoi. This truck is obtained during Born to be Wild by stealing it from the Hotel Parking garage.
|Truck||4 seat capacity||Moderately vulnerable||Good for transporting goods||Fast||
||A pickup truck is a vehicle that found exclusively in Moresby. It is a different model than the resort . The pickup is extremely rare and hard to find unless one knows where to look. It is also not so good to use due to the all the streets being blocked or crowded in Moresby.|
|Jeep||One driver, 3 passengers||Resistant to zombies - but not to Jungle Muggers' fire||Off-road ability, Good for transporting goods and passengers||Moderate||The jeep is found exclusively in the Jungle and Laboratory. It is mainly used to get around quickly in the Jungle area. The jeep is probably the fastest vehicle in the whole game but also the most vulnerable to firearms due to absence of the roof.|
 City of Moresby
Vehicle next to drop of boat
There are several helicopters on the island, none which the survivor can fly.
- A helicopter, piloted by Nikolai, crashed in the quest Black Hawk Down.
- There is a BIDF helicopter (possibly Super 25) was going to be used by Ryder White to escape the island. However, it is piloted by Kevin who flies the heroes and Yerema off of Banoi Island.
- Super 64 was carrying Ryder White, Lewington, the pilot, and another solider when it crashed into the city of Moresby.
- A second helicopter flies near the resorts in the E3 trailer video. This cutscene never made it into the final version of the game, but is probably Nikolai's helicopter.
- There is what appears to be a yellow helicopter on the map, but the area is empty.
- Some of the police cars at the Banoi Holiday Resort will make beeping sounds and flash their lights. The hero can turn off the police cars by interacting with the radio on the dashboard of the car. The same can be done with police cars and ambulances throughout Moresby.
- In the beta stages of Dead Island, it appeared that boats were be available, such in a screenshot with Logan can be seen riding on a boat with another survivor in the jungle.
- The license plate of every vehicle reads "D34D.1574ND" which is an Easter Egg for the popular leet speak which translates to "Dead Island".
Xian Mei kicking a zombie out of the car (beta)
A blue truck at the Pump Station
- Horn sound while driving past sign, Dead Island Forums.